The first Southeast Asia plus China Sub-regional Steering Committee (SRSC) will be held on February 11-12, 2014 at the 6th Floor Opal Conference Room, Millenia Suites, 8001 Saint Jose Escriva Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines.
The objectives of the 1st SRSC meeting are as follows:
- Provide opportunities for representatives from each countries to share their Annual workplan and budget
- Identify common training needs, research agenda as well as regional policy agenda for SEA+China
- Identify joint key actions at the sub-regional level for the year in the context of the celebration of the International year of family farming
- Review and harmonize tools for reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Identify representative of SEA+China to Regional Steering committee
- Share information and deepened understanding of the following:
- existing national mechanism on institutionalizing farmers’ participation in governance based on Philippine experience of establishing the National agricultural Farmers Council (NAFC) and the Farmers Sectoral Council for the National Anti-poverty Commission
- key regional frameworks (e.g. ASEAN Integrated Framework for Food Security and Strategic Plan of Action)
- international tools (Voluntary Guideline for the governance of tenure on land, fisheries and forestry )
- Dialogue with partners focusing on Technical Assistance
The consortium of the Asian Farmers’ Association (AFA) and La Via Campesina (LVC) is the the Sub Regional Implementing Agency (SRIA) for Southeast Asia + China of the Medium Term Cooperation Program Phase 2 (MTCP2).